Will the Legendary Federer and Murray Come Face to Face in the Wimbledon Finals?

Known for their rivalry, legendary tennis stars are now advancing to the Wimbledon 2016 semi-finals.

Wimbledon Semi Finals 2016:Roger Federer v Milos Raonic

Although Roger holds many Wimbledon championships, it’s been four complete years since the tennis star won a Grand Slam Title. In the semi-final taking place on Friday, Federer will play against Milos Raonic. This meeting is the twelfth of its kind between the players and Federer has a 9-2 advantage of winning the game.

Wimbledon Semi Finals 2016: Andy Murray vs. Tomas Berdych

Murray is playing the semifinals against Tomas Berdych who is reaching the Grand Slam semi- finals for the 11th time. Two times Wimbledon and third Grand Title winner is aiming to win the title this time. Experts predict that Murray will win the semi finals as he has saved three points against Marin Clinic and has also recovered from two sets down.

Federer and Murray: Head-to-head tallies

The following are the previous meetings of both the players:

  • Grand Slam matches: Federer, 5–1
  • ATP World Tour Masters 1000 matches: Murray, 6–3
  • ATP World Tour Finals : Federer, 4–1
  • Best of 5 matches: Federer, 5–2
  • Olympic : Murray, 1–0
  • Matches lasting 5 sets: Murray, 1–0
  • All finals: Federer, 5–3
  • ATP World Tour Masters 1000 finals: Murray, 2–0
  • Grand Slam finals: Federer, 3–0
  • Olympic finals: Murray, 1–0

Court Surface Results

  • Clay courts: 0–0
  • Outdoor courts: Murray, 8–7
  • Indoor courts: Federer, 5–2
  • Hard courts: Federer, 12–10
  • Grass courts: Federer, 2–1
Expert Prediction

The question that remains is that will Federer and Murray fight it out for the title in the finals. While many believe that Federer has a 49% chance of winning, others predict that Murray has 51% odds of winning the game.