Roulette is one of the most popular and easiest games to play. This is a game of luck and the meaning of word 'Roulette' in French is 'little wheel'. The objective of the game is to predict on which number slot the ball will land. Players can place number of bets ranging from single number, set of numbers of bets based on color and odds or evens.
The easy game rules and skill free game play makes Roulette popular among player across the globe.
Online Australian Roulette Casinos 2016
Spin Palace Casino
- aOffers European Roulette Games
- aSecure and Speedy Deposit Methods
- a4 Different Roulette Versions Offered
- aAccepts POLi and Credit Card Options
a a a a a
- aMultiple Deposit Options Offered
- a450+ Casino Games
Philosopher and Mathematician Blaise Pascal accidently made the rotating Roulette wheel in his effort to design perpetual motion machine. The initial version of Roulette was brought in 1796 in Paris. This was quite similar to the modern Roulette with its red and black slots, numbered from 1 to 36.
In 1843, 2 French brothers Louis and Francois Blanc formulated the single '0' Roulette wheel. In 1860s German law put ban on gambling, therefore the Blanc family shifted the casino business to Monte Carlo. Also by this time, the single '0' Roulette wheel had turned into the leading variant of Roulette. It was in 1996, when Roulette hit the online gambling industry with arrival 1st online casino.
How to Play Online Roulette
Roulette is an easy to play casino game. Playing online Roulette is easier and more interesting contrary to traditional casinos because players can essentially change the surroundings to meet their requirement. Moreover, players get to enjoy free or demo gaming to improve or develop gaming skills before putting in real money.
When playing online Roulette, the casino rotates the wheel in one direction and release the ball in opposite direction. When the ball stops, it lands on one of 37 red and black slots on the wheel. The bet starts before the ball is spun; with players placing bet chips on a number or color or group of numbers.
Different Variants of Roulette
There are mainly 2 popular variants of Roulette. These are - American Roulette and European Roulette.
- American Roulette - In this variant, the Roulette wheel has a double zero (00) and single 0, along with 1 to 36 numbered slots. The probability of betting on a single number is 35:1 due to the additional double zeroes. American Roulette has greater house edge over the players. Due to lesser probabilities of winning, it's recommended that you prefer to play the European Roulette instead of American Roulette.
- European Roulette - In this variant, the Roulette wheel has only single zero (0). This variant doesn't hold a major difference except the removal of double zero slot, when compared to American Roulette. Also, it essentially minimizes the house edge from 5.26% to 2.63%. This is the best Roulette variant when it concerns odds.
Types of Bets
There are 2 major bets that you can play with on a Roulette table. These are - Inside and Outside Bets.
- Straight Bet - This is a single number bet and the chip is put completely on the center of a number square.
- Split Bet - This bet is placed on 2 adjacent numbers, either on horizontal or vertical.
- Street Bet - This bet is placed on 3 numbers on one horizontal line.
- Corner Bet - This bet is placed on 4 numbers in a square set.
- Double Street Bet - This bet is placed on 2 adjacent streets and the chip is placed at the matching intersection.
- Trio Bet - This bet is place on the intersect point among 0, 1, and 2 or 0, 2, and 3.
- Top Line Bet - This bet is place on 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3.
Outside Bets have smaller payouts because you get better odds at striking them. When viewing the layout, you can without any difficulty make out which bets they are. They are 1-18 or 19-36 odd or even, red or black, column, and dozens.
Rules of Roulette
Here are the rules to play Roulette game -
- Roulette game is played against the House. The House is represented by the Croupier, or the casino, who deals the bets, payouts, and rotates the Roulette wheel.
- To play the game, just place your wager chip on the bet and click on Spin button.
- A session after the ball has been set up, the 'No More Bets' call will be taken in. Later on, you will no longer be permitted to put any extra bets or modify any of your running bets.
Play Roulette Online for Free
Strategies of Roulette
Talk about Roulette strategy may look a bit silly initially to a number of players, as you know that Roulette is a game of chance. You can't predict where the ball will land and the majority of wheels don't have biases you can exploit. But, there are some areas in Roulette where strategy works. Roulette strategy is about right game choices, knowing which bets to keep off and knowing how to bet in different manners to accomplish your goals.
- One of the most popular Roulette strategies always is the Martingale betting system. In ideal conditions such as without any bet limits and with ample funds, the Roulette wheel can be beaten out with this strategy.
- Always prefer to play the European Roulette variant because it has an extremely small house edge.
- Always play the best Roulette bets with lower odds such as red or black.
- Follow virtually money bets such as even or odd, black or red, 1st/2nd 18 numbers
- Bet in your budget so that you get time to test different strategies and find out one that you wish.